Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website in search engines via the “natural” or un-paid (organic) search results. In general, the earlier and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine’s users. Search engine optimization services are designed to improve traffic to your website, resulting in greater customer exposure and, therefore, more revenue for your business.
Although there are billions of websites online, the average consumer won’t look beyond the first few pages of a Google or Bing search. In order to fight to the top of the standings, companies must utilize SEO and understand how to market their website effectively. Once this has been accomplished, the benefits of optimization can be reaped in a variety of ways:
- Increased Visibility: SEO can drastically increase the number of visitors to your website. By selecting keywords and phrases that relate to your website content, prospective clients are able to find your site quickly and efficiently through search engines. Traditional marketing required the marketer to search for clients, but with SEO the customers search for the company- thereby saving you valuable time and money.
- Cost Effective: Compared to other marketing techniques, SEO last longer and costs less than pay-per-click advertising. Long-term exposure is guaranteed for minimal capital- much less than television or print ads.
- High ROI: The high visibility and conversion rates that SEO provides allow for high returns on your investment. Generally, companies using optimization see a hefty increase in sales soon after they start. Profitable returns are expected with every investment, and SEO is no exception.
- Targeted Traffic: SEO drives targeted traffic to your website because the client knows exactly what they are looking for. Even if a customer is unfamiliar with your company, optimization can find your target clients and direct them to your website, fascilitating the business process on both ends.
- Measureable Results: It is often difficult to analyze the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, but with SEO the results are quantifiable. Google Analytics and Alexa are tools designed to show the performance of your website (traffic, new visitors, time on site, keyword searches, etc.) and can show you how it is performing over time. Important search engine optimization data such as conversion rates and organic traffic can be portrayed as colorful charts and graphs, making the data easy to comprehend.
If your company wants to contend in today’s ever-competitive online world, SEO is necessary to get you to the top of the search pages. The benefits included with optimization are definitely worth the price, as the most successful companies have seen significant profit increases from these services. We provide SEO for law firms, doctors, plumbers, dentists, contractors, and virtually all other types of local businesses.