Landing Page Vs Microsite: Unveiling the Key Differences In the realm of digital marketing,...
iPoint Insights (blog)
Email Marketing Campaigns: How to Optimize your ROI
Black Hat SEO is like getting a speeding ticket in the world of Marketing. It’s disapproved of, and if you get caught enough times, your website will be in some serious trouble, since most of the time it ends in a search engine ban. Yeah, that means you’’ go from a top ranker to totally black-listed…
Promoting your e-commerce site during the holiday season can be a great time to gain more traffic...
Using Social Ads versus Google Ads can make a big difference for your company and work in very...
Linkedin Campaigns can be helpful to your business in many different ways. Linkedin has...
There seems to be a plugin for everything these days… ones that better protect your website...
Email marketing has long been accused of delivering low ROI’s to business owners. If you have ever run a campaign of your own, then you may have already had experience with very low response rates- even if you thought your message was a slam-dunk. The most important aspect is to get the content through to your subscribers. The tricky part is determining what tactics achieve this goal in the most effective and efficient way possible. A variety of tweaks to your email marketing campaign can either enhance or hurt your deliver-ability, so it is essential to understand both sides. Below, we’ve compiled a list of email marketing “Do”s and “Don’t”s to help extend your company’s reach during your next campaign:
Email Marketing “DO”s:
- Be honest and transparent when it comes to subject lines and the source address
- Only send messages to users who have opted in to your campaign
- Personalize your message by addressing the user by their first name (be sure it is correct!)
- Cross-promote the message with sales staff so the subscriber knows what to expect
- Make sure your campaign reads well, which portrays a professional impression of the company
- Include a plain-text version of your email
- Simply ask your subscribers to add you to their address book, to ensure your messages reach their inbox
- Keep your deliverer address and domain name consistent
Email Marketing “DON’T”s:
- Use “spammy” words such as “free” and “cash”- these can alert Spam filters
- Include tons of images, or extra-large pictures- a good ratio is 60:40 in favor of text
- Include links or image files from non-reputable domains
- Continue to email subscribers who don’t open your messages- if they remain unengaged remove them from the list
Contact iPoint today if you need email marketing campaign consultation or setup.