The Internet provides companies with opportunities to reach customers on a global scale, but not all firms are interested in pursing business internationally. Companies that simply wish to dominate their hometown markets should hire a Fort Collins SEO company. Search marketing can drive foot traffic to your local business and place you in the search results when locals look for your products/services.
Here are 7 simple search marketing tips designed to help you take control of your turf:
1. Get Online Listings In Local Directories – Search for local online directories that offer business listings and linking opportunities. This enables local customers to find your business with ease. EMarketingMatador has an extensive list consisting of 38 local business directories that are either free or require a fee to be listed in.
2. Add Location Modifiers To Your Keywords – Half of all Internet searches have a location attached to the query. By localizing your keywords, your business can show up any time a local consumer searches for the products/services you offer. For instance, if you own a pet shop in Fort Collins, you would want to use keywords such as “pet shops Fort Collins”- any keyword with your location included can increase local foot traffic and future sales for your business.
3. Get Your Customers To Review You – The most common way clients evaluate a business is by reading reviews from other customers. Therefore, allowing customers to review your business/services is a great way to increase word-of-mouth about your company; and WOM is exceptionally important for local businesses to become and remain successful. There are multiple different local directories which allow customers to submit reviews for businesses of all types. While enticing customers for positive reviews violates the rules of these websites, allowing customers to leave positive (and negative) reviews is beneficial to the customer, the business, and potential clients in the future.
4. Place A Mailing Address On Your Website – Failing to provide a mailing address on your website is simply a missed opportunity. A physical address helps search engines to identify your location so that they can display your website in relevant local searches. It also reinforces your location to the consumer viewing the site. If possible, place a mailing address in a discreet location on every page of your website. Include it on your contact page at the very least.
5. Claim Your Map Listings In The Search Engines – Be sure to build your profiles in Google Places, Bing Local, and Yahoo! Local (Yahoo and Bing local listings are now one in the same) in order to claim your map listing. Enhance your listings further with the addition of photos, videos and descriptions (don’t forget to tag them with the appropriate keywords).
6. Create Landing Pages For Each Location You Serve – Some companies offer their products and services to a variety of surrounding locations. Landing pages allow for the customization of pages geared specifically for each area. For example, if you are a commercial real estate agent in Fort Collins, you could create landing pages for Loveland, Longmont, Greeley, Cheyenne, etc. These pages enhance your local presence and allow you to target more keywords.
7. Geo-Target Your PPC Ads – Geo-targeting your Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaign allows your advertisements to show up only when locals are conducting a search. Your ads will target people with IP addresses in your service area and consumers searching with location-modified keywords. SEOMoz has a well written article containing tips for Geo-targeting a PPC campaign.