Creating a website strategy consists of defining goals for your website. Planning ahead will provide a blueprint that will help save you time and miscommunication with your website developer. Begin your website strategy by answering the following questions below:
- Who is your targeted audience? How will you appeal to them?
- What it is that you want the visitor to do as a result of visiting your website?
- How are you going to grab the visitor’s attention and engage them?
- Do you have a clear and concise description of who you are and what you offer?
- Do you know what keywords your target audience is searching for? Are you using these keywords in your site content? Do you provide information that will make visitors want to return?
Answering these simple questions will get you started on your way to building an effective website strategy.